Talking To The Stones

I've always loved talking. It's one of the only things I'm good at. And what I've learnt from the twenty five years on this planet is that talking can get you places. You see, you can talk yourself into a lot of things. I mean, when I was younger I used to talk myself into hidings with my parents all time. They would tell me not to do something and I would just keep asking why. Then, sooner rather than later I would have talked myself into being grounded or something of that ilk. I would then sneak out the house and hit the local night spot where I would talk myself into the first of the local hard nut after trying it on with his bird. Once I had got over the pain of talking one on one with a fist, I would then get up on Sunday morning to play football. Here, I would talk myself into the referees book.

Now, it’s about that time of year where all the talk turns away from parents, nightclubs and football pitches, and focusing straight on a little village in Somerset called Glastonbury. With the 2010 festival being a celebration of 40 years of the event, it seems like every man and his dog wants to get on the bill. In the space of twelve hours I've heard Jarvis Cocker stating that 2010's Glasto could be the perfect platform for a Pulp reunion gig. Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant is apparently in talks with festival chief Michael Eavis about performing next year. And finally, The Rolling Stones are meant to be dusting of their multicoloured suits, donning some tricky white loafers, and entertaining the crowds with their best Showaddywaddy impression.

However, this is only speculation. The only person that knows what is going is Michael Eavis. And, just like every other year, we have to wait bated breath for the line-up to be announced. But if you’re reading this Eavis, The Stones get my vote.