June Mud Slide Anyone?

A lot has happened since Friday. First I received a touch of bad news; I found out that I would be running the London Marathon next year. Now, at the time it seemed like a good idea to apply. However, having been given the green light to run, realisation has kicked in that I’ve actually got two club feet and the stamina of Dot Cotton after smoking 20 Marlboro Menthols and drinking 3 bottles of Tesco’s finest Cava. I just hope that this time next year I’m still alive.

I also learnt this weekend that Newcastle is a great city. I’ve just got back from spending the weekend there. In addition to meeting both Kevin and Sol Campbell in the space of 12 hours; I also managed to surf down the Tyne, drink my body weight in Newcy Brown and consol a mate after she lost her Vivienne Westwood shoes in a club. I have no idea how she managed to do that, but what I do know is as I write this there is one extremely happy cleaner rocking about the Toon in a fresh pair of kicks.

Yet, this is all irrelevant. The most important factor about the past weekend is that I left out the backdoor with a ticket in my pocket for Glastonbury 2010. That is BIG. Tickets sold out in a mere 24 hours for next years bash. With it being the festivals 40th anniversary you would like to think that we’re going to be treated on the headliners front. Who would I like to see? Well, it’s about time we had a Stone Roses comeback gig. I understand it's highly unlikely; but a man can dream - can't he?

In order to wet the appetite, below are a few classic Glasto photos from up and down the years.

The Smiths - Glastonbury 1984
Photobucket
Liam & Robbie - Glastonbury 1994
Photobucket
Radiohead - Glastonbury 1997
Photobucket
Blur - Glastonbury 2009
Photobucket