Don’t Tread On My Loose Ends, Baby

The definition of mental is for one to be affected by a disorder of the mind which affects intellectuals and their intellectual activity. This is very apt when talking about the person is about to drop £9,000 on Elvis’ hair. NINE THOUSEND POUNDS! That is mental. For starters, it’s not even a whole head of hair; it’s a clump. Apparently the hair was “salvaged” by a friend after he was enlisted in the US Army in 1958. So, not only are you looking to spend the same amount of cash it would cost you to buy a brand new Ford Focus, but it’s probably filled with mud, sweat and dust.

The last time I remember hair causing such a stir was when I was out eating a curry last year. Three bottles of Kingfisher and eight popadoms later, the guy on the table next to us lost it. The poor bloke was busy eating his chicken dansak when he leapt to his feet, let out an almighty roar, and pulled out one of the biggest hairs I have ever seen. This thing just kept going and going. It was like a think, hairy python that had substituted Saharan Africa for N1. The whole incident was like witnessing Rick Waller having it off with Rosanne. It was disgusting and weird, but there was also something quite magical about it.

The Indian I was dining in was The Bombay Bicycle Club. Now, even with that whole hair event, I won’t hear a bad work against the place. I’ve eaten some of the best curries of my life there. I get a lot of enjoyment from The Bombay Bicycle Club curry house in the same way I get a lot of enjoyment form Bombay Bicycle Club the band. Although they have no relation in the slightest, they are both available in London tonight. The Bombay Bicycle Club Indian is on the Essex Road, like it is every other night; whilst Bombay Bicycle Club the band are playing at Heaven.

Now, I strongly recommend to all that haven’t seen this band perform before to get down to Charing Cross tonight. Once there you need to pin a ticket tout up against a wall, rob him for all his tickets, and then march to the front with a big smile on your face.

These boys are absolutely brilliant. Their debut album, ‘I Had the Blues But I Shook Them Loose’ is still an absolute winner for me. They’re a band that just play good rock & roll music; and for that reason alone you should learn to love, cherish and hold them at all times. And if by the former that means keep them on heavy rotation on your iPod, then so be it.

Photobucket